Exchanging digital currencies is now available for our users across the world. If you’re located in a supported region, you will see an Exchange tab in the left navigation of your Wallet. Want some help getting started with exchanging bitcoin, ether, and Bitcoin Cash? Follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Exchange tab in your left navigation.
- Use the Exchange dropdown menu to choose the currency and corresponding sub-wallet you want to exchange from. You may exchange between Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
- Use the Receive dropdown menu to choose the currency you want to receive and the sub-wallet where you want to receive the funds once your exchange is completed.
- Under Enter Amount, enter how much you want to exchange. If you want to exchange the minimum or maximum amounts available for a specific currency and sub-wallet, you can click Use Minimum or Use Maximum.
A quote will automatically be calculated to show how much you will receive based on the current exchange rate. Please note: this will change depending on the market price at the time of your transaction.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Confirm Exchange Order screen, review the details of your order to ensure they are correct and check the box at the bottom to agree to ShapeShift’s terms and conditions. Once you’re ready to place your order, click Confirm. The time it takes for your exchange to complete will vary based on network conditions; you can keep track of your exchange progress in your Order History tab.
If you experience any issues with an exchange and need to contact us, please be sure to include your Order ID number in your support request. Your Order ID begins with "SFT-" and can be found by clicking on "Order History" > "View Details."