Your wallet will automatically generate unique HD addresses for your default sub-wallet, My Bitcoin Wallet. If you want, you can simply use this one category as your entire wallet. You also have the option of creating additional sub-wallets (also known as categories) and customizing the organization of your wallet and funds.
Adding a sub-wallet
*Note: Adding sub-wallets is no longer currently an active feature in the wallet, but existing sub-wallets can be managed as per the 'Managing sub-wallets' section below
- To view and change how your wallet is organized, navigate to Settings > Wallets & Addresses.
- You should see a default category called My Bitcoin Wallet. Click on the + New Wallet button directly below this to add a new sub-wallet and name it. Common names include Savings, Spending, and Business Expenses.
- Every sub-wallet you add will have a unique xPub, which means that the addresses generated in each category and any funds on them can only be accessed from this sub-wallet. All sub-wallets generated here are backed up by your recovery phrase. Make sure you’ve backed up your wallet before receiving or buying cryptocurrency.
- To manage a sub-wallet, find it under Settings > Wallets & Addresses and click on Manage to the right of the sub-wallet’s name.
- To generate a new receiving address for the sub-wallet, click on + Add Next Address under Unused Addresses. You can view previously used addresses, to which you have already received funds before, by clicking Show to the right of Used Addresses. You can label addresses by clicking the pencil icon for new, unused addresses or by clicking “Add a label” for used addresses. Only you will see this label. Delete labels by clicking the trash bin icon.
- Click More Options to the right of the category name to edit its name or show the category’s xPub.*
*If you don't have an advanced understanding of what your xPub is, we advise against showing the xPub. It's important to share your xPub only with those you trust. If someone obtains your xPub, they may be able to monitor your transaction history and disrupt your access to your wallet. A warning is displayed when you click Show xPub to reiterate this.