If you have sent funds to your Blockchain wallet from another platform or if you sent your receiving address to another party from whom you have been expecting to receive funds, but you have not received anything yet, here are a few steps you can take:
- Log into your Blockchain wallet and check your transaction history. You can view your wallet feed on the dashboard under Recent Activity or you can go directly to the appropriate currency tab on the left (e.g. Bitcoin if you were expecting to receive BTC) to view your wallet’s transaction history only for that currency.
- Check your receiving address on a block explorer. For bitcoin, plug your receiving address into blockchain.info. For ether, go to etherscan.io. For bitcoin cash, check your address at https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/blocks. You’ll be able to view the address’ entire transaction history (if any) there.
- Contact the platform, exchange, or party from which you expected to receive funds. Please note that the Blockchain support team cannot assist as an intermediary in payment disputes.
- Check to make sure you have not mistakenly created multiple wallets using the same email address. This can be easily checked by submitting your email address here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/reminder. If the email you receive from this reminder shows multiple wallet identifiers, be sure to log into each wallet to search for the funds in question.
- Contact us if a block explorer shows that the funds arrived at the address specified as expected, but the transaction does not appear in your Blockchain wallet’s transaction history.