Lockbox devices are experiencing inconsistent connection with the Blockchain web wallet. Some functionality, such as setup, managing applications, and sending funds from the device is affected. Funds can still be received and are backed up by the 24-word recovery phrase. Updates will be communicated when the issue is resolved.
If something happens to your Lockbox device, or you lose or forget your PIN code, you can always restore access to your funds with your 24-word recovery phrase.
Before you start
- Make sure you have your 24-word recovery phrase ready
- Verify your computer has:
- Windows 8+, macOS 10.8+, or Linux
- A USB port
- An internet connection
- Connect your Lockbox device with your Blockchain web wallet using the micro USB/USB cable.
- Press both buttons on the side of the device at the same time, as instructed on the Lockbox screen.
- When you see the prompt “Configure as new device?” press the left button located above the cancel icon.
- Press the right button located above the validation icon to confirm when prompted, “Restore a configuration?”
Choose a new PIN code
After this, you will be prompted to choose a new PIN code. To set your PIN:
- When you see the prompt “Choose a PIN code,” press both buttons on the side of the device.
- Choose the first digit of your PIN code by pressing the right and left buttons.
- Press both buttons at the same time to select the digit.
- Repeat the process until all digits of your PIN code are selected.
- Once finished, select the check icon (✓) and press both buttons simultaneously to enter the PIN code.
- Enter the PIN code again to confirm.
Set a secure PIN by:
- Choosing your own PIN code.
- Never using a device supplied with a pre-set PIN code or recovery phrase.
- The longer the code, the more secure your device. An 8-digit PIN code offers the maximum level of security.
Enter your recovery phrase
- Press the button on the right to choose the length of your recovery phrase. Choose 24. Press both buttons to confirm.
- Choose the first letter of Word #1 by pressing the right or left button. Press both buttons to select the letter.
- Select the second letter of Word #1. Repeat until the device shows suggested words to choose from.
- Choose Word #1 from the suggested words. Press both buttons to select it.
- Repeat the process for each word of your recovery phrase.
- Your Lockbox will display Your device is now ready if you've successfully entered your recovery phrase.
Keep in mind:
- Your 24-word recovery phrase is the key to accessing your funds without your PIN code. Do not give out your recovery phrase to anyone for any reason.
- Blockchain does not keep a backup of your 24-word recovery phrase. If you lose this, we cannot reset or recover your backup phrase.
- Never use a device pre-supplied with a recovery phrase and/or PIN code.
If your recovery phrase is not valid
- Make sure the correct recovery phrase length (24 words) is selected. Always enter all words of a recovery phrase.
- Verify that the order of the words entered on the device matches the order written on your Recovery sheet.
- Check that all the words of your recovery phrase are on the BIP39 word list.