Lockbox devices are experiencing inconsistent connection with the Blockchain web wallet. Some functionality, such as setup, managing applications, and sending funds from the device is affected. Funds can still be received and are backed up by the 24-word recovery phrase. Updates will be communicated when the issue is resolved.
To set up your Lockbox, you will need to initialize the device. During this process, your Lockbox hardware wallet will generate all of the addresses that you’ll use to transact and their corresponding private keys, which grant you ownership of your funds.
Before we get started, make sure that your computer has:
- Windows 8+, macOS 10.8+, or Linux
- A USB port
- An internet connection
First, begin the initialization process.
- Log in to, or create, a Blockchain wallet.
- Connect your hardware device to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Select Lockbox on the left sidebar of your Blockchain wallet and click “Set Up Now.”
- Choose your device. You can use either your new Blockchain Lockbox or a Ledger Nano S.
- Select Set up as new device. Follow the instructions on the screen to completion.
Click here to continue on to Step 2.