Lockbox devices are experiencing inconsistent connection with the Blockchain web wallet. Some functionality, such as setup, managing applications, and sending funds from the device is affected. Funds can still be received and are backed up by the 24-word recovery phrase. Updates will be communicated when the issue is resolved.
Transferring Lockbox -> web wallet
To transfer funds from your Lockbox hardware wallet to your Blockchain web wallet:
- In your web wallet, click Send and choose the currency you want to send from the Currency drop-down menu.
- In the From drop-down menu, choose your Lockbox wallet.
- Input the address you want to send funds to, or choose a sub-wallet from the drop-down menu next to the QR code symbol in the To field, and the amount you want to transfer.
- If sending BTC, choose either the Regular or the Priority transaction fee. The priority fee is higher but gives you a faster confirmation. Learn more about bitcoin transaction fees here.
- Click Continue and review your transaction details.
- When prompted, connect your Lockbox to your computer with the USB cable and enter your PIN code.
- Open the application (Bitcoin / Ethereum / Bitcoin Cash) that you want to use to send funds.
- Your Lockbox requires your manual consent to authenticate the transaction. Press the right button (above the checkmark) to confirm each output. This includes the address you’re sending funds to and also your change address.
- Once you have validated your transaction, it will be broadcast to the network to await confirmation. You can view your transfer and its status inside the Lockbox tab of your Blockchain wallet.
Transferring web wallet -> Lockbox
To transfer funds from your web wallet to your Lockbox hardware wallet:
- From your web wallet, click Send and choose the currency you want to send from the Currency drop-down menu.
- In the From drop-down menu, choose the sub-wallet that you want to send from (such as My Bitcoin Wallet).
- From the drop-down menu to the right of the To: field, choose your Lockbox wallet. (If you have unpaired your Lockbox from your web wallet, you will need to connect it before seeing this option.)
- Input the amount you want to send and, if you’re sending BTC, choose either the Regular or the Priority transaction fee.
- Once you're ready to send, click Continue to review the details of your transaction before sending the funds.
Once you send your funds, your transaction will be broadcast to the network to await confirmation. You can view your transfer and its status inside the Lockbox tab of your Blockchain wallet.