Your Trading Account is custodial, unlike the funds you store in your Private Key Wallet, which is non-custodial - you can learn more about the technical differences here). This means that it is securely stored by Blockchain.com, and it is not backed up by your wallet's Secret Private Key Recovery Phrase. Your Trading Account is associated with your Blockchain.com identity profile. If you lose access to your Blockchain.com Wallet, all you need to do recover your Trading Account balance is:
- Use your Secret Private Key Recovery phrase to recover your wallet.
- Please note, your Trading Account balance will not be visible or accessible until you re-verify your identity
- Verify your identity. You can do so by going to Settings (gear icon) -> Profile in your web wallet, or Settings -> Swap Limit in your mobile wallet
- If your submission for Gold verification is clear and consistent, the automated verification may take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours. If there are problems with the automated verification and manual review is required, it may take approximately 5 business days. Please be sure to check your email inbox, as we will contact you if we need any additional information
- Once your verification has been approved, you will be able to access your Trading Account balance