Your Trading Wallet is custodial (unlike the funds you store in the standard Blockchain.com Wallet, which is non-custodial - you can learn more about the technical differences here). This means that it is securely stored by Blockchain.com, and it is not backed up by your wallet backup phrase. Your Trading Wallet is associated with your Blockchain.com identity profile. If you lose access to your Blockchain.com Wallet, all you need to do recover your Trading Wallet balance is:
- Use your backup phrase to recover your wallet. This will create a new Wallet, with a new Wallet ID
- Please note, your Trading Wallet balance will not be visible or accessible until you re-verify your identity in your new wallet; this is an important security precaution
- Verify your identity in your new Wallet. You can do so by going to Settings (gear icon) -> Profile in your web wallet, or Settings -> Swap Limit in your mobile wallet
- If your submission for Gold verification is clear and consistent, the automated verification may take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours. If there are problems with the automated verification and manual review is required, it may take approximately 5 business days. Please be sure to check your email inbox, as we will contact you if we need any additional information
- Once your verification has been approved, you will be able to access your Trading Wallet balance in your new wallet
You can learn more about the Trading Wallet here.