The Blockchain Exchange is a web platform that is mobile responsive for devices such as iOS, or Android.
Follow the steps below to open an account.
What do I need to sign up?
All you need to sign up is
- Your name
- A valid email address
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Valid government issued ID
How do I open an account?
- Go to https://exchange.blockchain.com/ and click on the Sign Up button at the top of the page.
- Enter your country of residence, email and password you would like to use when signing into the Blockchain Exchange. Once this is done select Continue.
- You will then be prompted to verify your email address:
You will receive an email from us which you can use to verify your account. Click the blue button to confirm your account creation.
- Once you have verified your email, please navigate to the previous tab, select the product you'd like to sign up for (Wallet or Exchange) and fill out your personal information (Name, Date of Birth, Residential Address).
- Next, please complete the EDD questionnaire.
- Once this is complete, you will prompted to proceed with identity verification process powered by Veriff.
- Scan the QR-code or fill in your phone number to receive a secured link to get started with identity verification process on mobile or click "Continue with your current device" to proceed on web browser. Next, just follow the steps described during the process.
- That's it! If your submission is clear and consistent, the automated verification may take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours.
What happens next?
If there are problems and a manual review is required, it may take approximately 5 business days. This timeline may vary slightly if there are any significant increases in submissions requiring manual reviews.
We’ll stay in touch throughout the verification process and you can send us a question at any time by opening a support request.
While waiting, we'd advise you to secure your account by implementing two-factor authentication (2FA). Please also write down your back-up codes by navigating to Profile > Security so you can unlock your account in the case of a lost 2FA device. For a step by step guide, please click this link.
Have more questions? Submit a request.