This article relates to Exchange accounts created before June 6, 2022. For instructions on resetting 2FA on an Exchange account created after then, please click here.
If you have saved a backup 2FA code
- Use one of your 2FA backup codes to login to your account.
- Once you’re logged in, you will need to click on your username in the upper-right hand corner of the home dashboard and navigate to Settings > Security. Click on the Turn Off button under the Two-Factor Authentication section.
- You will be prompted to enter a valid 2FA code again and you can use another one of your backup codes here. Once verified, your 2FA security will be removed.
- Now to secure your account again, setup 2FA fresh with your device.
Please note that this process is instantaneous and does not require a 1-3 week waiting period. If you do not have your backup codes, please use the method described below.
If you do not have a 2FA backup code
- Please submit a Ticket for 2FA reset with our support team here
- You will be ask to provide a selfie (see example Image) to prove the ownership of the account.
- We will remove the 2FA in your account in a period of 1-2 weeks.
- If the selfie, ID document & handwritten note are valid, we will approve the 2FA reset request. You will then be able to sign in without 2FA and set up a new 2FA device.
- If the selfie, ID document or handwritten note appear to be fraudulent, you will not be able to reset 2FA for your account. In both cases, an automated email will be sent to the verified email address on the account informing you of the outcome.