Unfortunately, there can be many reasons why card payments are failing or getting rejected whether by our payment systems or your own bank systems starting from security flags, insufficient funds, bank account spending limits, details mismatch or unusual usage of the card/bank account being used. If you are having issues purchasing cryptocurrency with your card, there are a few things you can check:
- Please confirm that your name and billing address are correct for the card you’re using. Following our terms and conditions, you can only use a card or bank account in your own name. Transactions coming from third parties will be rejected and refunded.
- If you are trying to pay using a virtual card, this is likely the problem. Please try again with the physical card details.
- Credit card policies tend to be stricter on crypto than debit cards which is why we highly recommend using a debit card.
- We only support Visa/Mastercard credit and debit cards that are enrolled in a 3D Secure program. 3D Secure is an extra layer of verification that helps to protect you against fraud and is required for all credit and debit card purchases in your Blockchain.com Account. If you are unsure whether your card have this feature or not - please contact your bank representative or card provider.
- If you have tried to place an order unsuccessfully too many times in a short space of time, you may be raising some flags. Try placing another order 24 hours from your last attempt.
If your card purchases keep failing after checking the above information, please submit a request so that we can investigate further.