There are a few reasons why you might want to reset, or disable, two-factor authentication (2FA), such as losing a device or losing access to your verified email address. The following steps outline our 2FA reset procedure.
- Go to our 2FA reset request form: https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/reset-2fa
- Fill out as much of the form as you can. Your identifier and email address are the only required fields, but the more information you provide, the less time the reset process will take.* If you want to change your email address, include the new email address in the "New Email" field.
- Input the captcha and click Continue.
Your reset request is now submitted and pending approval. A notification that a 2FA reset request has been submitted for your wallet, along with the option to approve the request, will be sent to the associated email address.
- This process is fully automated and includes a mandatory wait time before being approved.**
- Unfortunately, we are unable to expedite the request; however, clicking "Approve Request" in the email you receive upon submitting a reset request will speed up the process. Approving the request does not itself complete the reset process. There will still be a waiting period.
- Clicking “Decline Request” within the verification email, or successfully logging into the wallet during this time period, will result in the automatic removal of this reset request.
- This form also removes IP restrictions enabled on the wallet. Make sure you reinstate this once you gain access to your wallet in order to keep your funds secure.
- Your verified email security will remain intact.
You can view the exact scheduled approval date for your 2FA reset request within the notification email. If you did not receive a notification email, contact our support team and reference your wallet identifier to receive your exact reset date.
*Please note that "Secret Phrase" refers only to a phrase established within legacy wallets (created prior to August 2016). The secret phrase is not your recovery phrase. Please do not submit your 12-word recovery phrase on the 2FA reset request form, or share it with any other parties. If you do not have a secret phrase, leave this field blank.
**If you require immediate access to your funds, use your 12-word recovery phrase to restore your funds in a new wallet, here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/recover. Please note that imported addresses are not backed up by the recovery phrase and will not be restored.