We recommend Google Authenticator over SMS if you have a smartphone. Google Authenticator generates new login codes locally on your device every 30 seconds. You can download the app from the App Store or Play Store.
- Download the free application from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Log into your Wallet via web browser and navigate to Settings > Security > and Under Two-Factor Authentication, click the “Enable” blue button.
- Select Authenticator App
- You will be presented with a QR code to scan with your Google Authenticator app and a regular code which you can type in manually.
To scan the code:
- Open your Authenticator App on your device, click the + symbol in the bottom right corner and select Scan a QR code
- Scan the QR code displayed in your Wallet with your mobile device.
- Once this is completed, you'll see “Blockchain.com” in your Google Authenticator app with six numbers that change randomly every 30 seconds. You will need to use these codes every time you wish to log in to your Blockchain Wallet.
- At this stage you will need to enter the code generated by your Google Authenticator app and then click “Verify Code”
- After 2FA has been configured, you will be prompted to enter the code that appears in the Google Authenticator app at your next login attempt.