When you buy crypto on Blockchain.com, the crypto will be held in your Blockchain.com Account.
Your Blockchain.com Account balance is custodial, which means that Blockchain.com securely holds it for you.
You can keep your crypto in your Blockchain.com Account, sell your crypto from your Blockchain.com Account, Swap crypto in your Blockchain.com Account, withdraw it to your DeFi Wallet, or send it to an external address.
How to withdraw from your Blockchain.com Account on web
- To withdraw using our web wallet, click Send at the top of your wallet dashboard.
- Click on the dropdown menu and choose the currency you would like to send from your Account.
- Click on the From dropdown menu and select your Trading Account.
- In the To field, select your DeFi Wallet, Exchange account or enter any other crypto address you'd like to send funds to.
- Enter the amount and click Continue to begin your withdrawal.
- Double check transaction details and click Send.
- Once the withdrawal transaction has been processed, sent, and confirmed on the blockchain, the crypto will become available in your DeFi Wallet or at the external address to which it was sent.
How to withdraw from your Blockchain.com Account on mobile
- Switch from DeFi Wallet to Blockchain.com Account at the top if necessary.
- Click "..." on the right and then click Send.
- Select the crypto you'd like to send.
- Select your DeFi Wallet, Exchange account or enter any other crypto address you'd like to send funds to.
- Select Next and enter the amount you would like to send.
- Click "Preview Send" and then Confirm to finalise the transaction.
Because withdrawals occur on-chain, a fee will be deducted from your withdrawal. Fees paid to miners ensure that your transaction is confirmed on the relevant cryptocurrency network. Network fees may be more pronounced on transactions involving ETH and Ethereum-based tokens like USDT or PAX.
What if I haven't created a wallet backup?
If you haven’t made a wallet backup yet, you will be prompted to do so during your first Blockchain.com Account withdrawal.
Your 12-word Secret Private Key Recovery Phrase will allow you to recover your funds if you ever lose access to your wallet. Never share it with the third parties as it may lead to a loss of funds.