When you Buy Crypto in your Blockchain.com, the crypto will be held in your Blockchain.com Account.
Your Account balance is custodial, which means that Blockchain.com securely holds it for you.
You can keep your crypto in your Blockchain.com Account, sell your crypto from your Blockchain.com Account, Swap crypto in your Blockchain.com Account, withdraw it to your DeFi Wallet balance, or send it to an external address.
How to withdraw from your Blockchain.com Account on web
- To withdraw using our web wallet, click Send at the top of your wallet dashboard.
- Click on the Currency dropdown menu and choose the currency you would like to send from your Account.
- Click on the From dropdown menu and select your Account.
- In the To field, select your DeFi Wallet or enter an external address.
- Click Continue to begin your withdrawal.
- Once the withdrawal transaction has been processed, sent, and confirmed on the blockchain, the crypto should be available in your DeFi Wallet or at the external address to which it was sent.
How to withdraw from your Blockchain.com Account on mobile
- Switch from DEFI Wallet to Blockchain.com Account if necessary
- Tap "..." and then "Send"
- Select the crypto you'd like to send.
- The funds will reflect under Account Balance.
- Choose where you want to send your funds, either to an external address, DeFi Wallet or Exchange.
- Select Next and enter the amount you would like to withdraw.
- Click Preview and confirm the transaction.
Because withdrawals occur on-chain, a fee will be deducted from your withdrawal. Fees paid to miners ensure that your transaction is confirmed on the relevant cryptocurrency network. Network fees may be more pronounced on transactions involving ETH and Ethereum-based tokens like USDT or PAX.
What if I haven't created a wallet backup?
If you haven’t made a wallet backup yet, you will be prompted to do so during your first Blockchain.com Account withdrawal.
Your 12-word Secret Private Key Recovery Phrase will allow you to recover your funds if you ever lose access to your wallet.