When you Buy Crypto in your Blockchain.com Wallet, the crypto will be held in your Trading Account.
Your Trading Account balance is custodial, which means that Blockchain.com securely holds it for you.
You can keep your crypto in your Trading Account, sell your crypto from your Trading Account, Swap crypto in your Trading Account, withdraw it to your Private Key Wallet balance, or send it to an external address.
How to withdraw from your Trading Account on web
- To withdraw using our web wallet, click Send at the top of your wallet dashboard.
- Click on the Currency dropdown menu and choose the currency you would like to send from your Trading Account.
- Click on the From dropdown menu and select your Trading Account.
- In the To field, select your Private Key Wallet or enter an external address.
- Click Continue to begin your withdrawal.
- Once the withdrawal transaction has been processed, sent, and confirmed on the blockchain, the crypto should be available in your Private Key Wallet or at the external address to which it was sent.
How to withdraw from your Trading Account on mobile
- Navigate to your wallet’s dashboard and select the cryptocurrency that you wish to send from your Trading Account.
- The funds will reflect under Trading Account Balance.
- Select Send to My Wallet to have those funds sent to your Private Key Wallet for the currency selected.
Because withdrawals occur on-chain, a fee will be deducted from your withdrawal. Fees paid to miners ensure that your transaction is confirmed on the relevant cryptocurrency network. Network fees may be more pronounced on transactions involving ETH and Ethereum-based tokens like USDT or PAX.
What if I haven't created a wallet backup?
If you haven’t made a wallet backup yet, you will be prompted to do so during your first Trading Account withdrawal.
Your 12-word Secret Private Key Recovery Phrase will allow you to recover your funds if you ever lose access to your wallet.